We are an ambitious and growing organization with a flat structure. Everyone is welcome (and expected) to bring up topics transparently and discuss openly with anyone. We are in process to change our culture and way of work and now looking for new team members to extend our team in Bulgaria (in Pleven and in Lovech)!
A developer is responsible for designing, implementing, testing, and supporting our products, solutions, and customers. As a developer for Semansys you are expected to be pro-active working directly with the Product & Delivery Manager and Lead Developer to propose, recommend and deliver and support solutions, products, product modules or features to customers. This could involve recommending a new technology or technique, educating colleagues, discussing customer and market needs, designing, and building efficient software that “wows” our customer.
What else are you going to do
- Research, design, develop, and test new technologies or techniques with the team.
- Discuss new products, product modules, features, proof of concepts actively with the Product & Delivery Manager.
- Evaluate implementation options and techniques and recommendations with the Lead Developer.
- Keep up to date with industry (domain, functional, technical) trends and keep in mind how we can apply it. Occasionally supporting directly through contributions, presentations, hack-a-thons, etc.
- Maintain and extend current client (web and desktop) and server-side applications including integration, web services/APIs and business logic.
- Support applications into production with a DevOps mentality.
- Responsible for complete chain of software delivery from concept, designing, development, testing, documenting through a combination of tools and techniques.
What do you need for this job
- Completed Bachelor or Master in Computer Science or related study
- At least 3 years of relevant experience as a Developer
- Pro-active communication skills in English (written and spoken)
- High level of ownership to ensure things are done (result orientated) and done to a quality you and your colleagues are happy with.
- Humility and openness towards learning and collaborating with colleagues regardless of seniority, experience, or knowledge.
- Positive mental attitude and “can do” approach towards problems and unknowns. Strong problem analyzing skills as well as pragmatic short- and long-term thinking.
What else do you bring to the table
- Experience in the following (or similar) languages/technologies: C#, .Net, XML, XML Schema, JSON, HTML/XHTML, CSS, SQL, SOAP
- Experience in development of desktop client, web and API based solutions and working with open source technologies and 3rd party libraries.
- Experience and knowledge in large XML processing (input, mapping, querying, and rendering).
- Experience in high volume 24×7 cloud applications.
What would be a plus
- Knowledge or interest in new architectures and techniques in cloud deployments (Azure preferred), cross platform development (Electron, React Native, SSO, etc.), large data processing (NoSQL, data pipelines, etc.) and API first approaches (API Gateway, REST, JSON, GraphQL, JWT, etc.)
- Knowledge of continuous integration/delivery/deployment, code quality, object orientated programming and security practices.
- Knowledge of Git/Gitlab, Visual Studio/Studio Code, JIRA, Trello, JIRA Service Desk, Microsoft stack, Selenium automation testing
- Knowledge in XBRL (eXtensible Business Reporting Language), SBR (Standard Business Reporting) or Accounting & administration domains
- True North – Do what’s right for the customer, do what’s right for the industry, do what’s right for yourself, do what’s right for the company.
- Ownership – Don’t be afraid to get our hands dirty and get involved.
- Intensity – Under promise and over deliver. If you’re going to do it, put 110% of effort and quality into it.
- Positive Mental Attitude – There’s no problem that can’t be solved, there’s always something we can do.
- Humility – Know what you do know, know what you don’t know. Making mistakes and trying something to learn is OK.